STEPPING OUT ON THE PATH
5-month course with Geshe Tenzin Losel (Graham Woodhouse)
13 Feb - 23 Jun 2023
About the teacher
Geshe Losel is a graduate of the Institute of Dialectics in Dharamsala, India and studied there under the famous scholar Gen Lobsang Gyatso. A British monk, Graham Woodhouse is one of the very few Westerners trained in the traditional Tibetan way as a geshe.
He received his geshe degree from Drepung Loseling Monastic College. He has knowledge of the texts, skill in translating, and an ability to convey the subtleties of Buddhist thought in lucid English.
He lives at Nalanda Monastery, a branch of the Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition, in the south of France.
Course fee donations
How to travel this timeless way of wisdom is made crystal clear for a modern audience by His Holiness the Dalai Lama in his book, Becoming Enlightened, which will be the main course text. There will be advice taken from the writings of Lama Zopa and Lama Yeshe, founders of the FPMT.
The course will be full-time and enable a thorough, contemplative and immersive exploration of our Buddha potential.
The topics that we will discover are:
- Identifying the Path
- Initial level of practice
- Our fortunate situation
- Knowing that we will die
- Thinking about future lives
- Identifying refuge
- Middle Level of practice
- Seeing the Problem and the cure
- The implications of impermanence
- 12 Links of Dependent Arising
- High level of practice
- Calm abiding
- Six perfections
- Engendering great compassion
- Exchanging self and others
- Viewing reality
- The way to analyse
From 13th of February 2023 to 23rd of June 2023 with 16 weeks of teachings and one-week break after a four-week period.
- In English: “Becoming enlightened” by HHDL.
- In French: Cheminer vers l’éveil
- In English: Path to Enlightenment by Geshe Acharya Thubten Loden
- In French: La voie vers l’éveil dans le bouddhisme tibétain by Guéshé Toubtèn Lodè
- Lamrim Year: Making Life Meaningful Day by Day by Lama Yeshe & Lama Zopa Rinpoche.